By Tim and Julie Harris
The time for video marketing is now and here are some stats from Oberlo, a product sourcing app, to back this up:
- There are 244.4 million (and growing) digital video viewers in the U.S.
- In 2022, it’s projected that 82% of global internet traffic will come from video streaming and downloads.
- Video marketers get 66% more qualified leads per year.
- Internet users average nearly 7 hours per week watching videos online.
No doubt, other agents at your brokerage or on your team have personally experienced the benefits of video marketing during 2021’s real estate bonanza. All industry experts are predicting that video marketing in 2022 will lead to even greater results.
Here are five ways you can expand your video marketing reach—and your business’s bottom line—beyond using the obvious sales pitch video ads.
1. People buy with their eyes. Even when potential buyers can get an in-person, hands-on experience with a property, people get interested in and are “reminded” of houses they can see from home tour videos. To help potential buyers become buyers, make sure that your video tour gives viewers a clear image of the property, how the house “works,” and shows the property’s main features. Also include specifics on how this particular house may substantially improve a potential buyer’s life. Stay focused on the property’s key value propositions.
2. Explainer videos. These enable you to condense a lot of information about a property with just a few minutes of concise content. You can also speak to potential solutions regarding your client’s concerns in explainer videos, such as having flexible at-home work/learning space, indoor-outdoor spaces, safety, accessibility to local amenities (educational/sports/leisure/entertainment), proximity to nature’s playgrounds, and more. Explainer videos allow you to be creative through the use of live-action, animation, whiteboard styles, or perhaps even a mixture of styles. The more creative you are, the more unique and powerful your explainer video will be.
3. FAQ videos. A short FAQ video focuses on one question and provides a clear, concise response to that specific question. Think, for example, of doing a weekly FAQ video series on “How’s the market doing.” All clients (past, current, and potential) want to hear the latest market data. One-minute FAQ videos that offer clear, concise, helpful, down-to-earth responses will keep your clients and viewers up-to-date. You might even throw in a teaser at the end with a “coming soon” listing and call to action.
4. How-to tutorial videos. In addition to searching for houses, most people interested in real estate go online looking for videos that can help them solve a problem. How-to tutorial videos, such as how to find an agent, how to qualify for a mortgage, how to buy and sell a house simultaneously, etc., are huge hits with viewers and can be almost magical lead generators for your business. Make sure your how-to tutorial videos offer your well-targeted viewers simple, easy-to-follow instructions. Video tutorials are particularly effective for social media channels so remember to upload your video with a well-designed image as its thumbnail.
5. Customer testimonial videos are trust-building. A good review can go a long way in helping to create long-term relationships with your clients. Make sure you choose the right clients for your testimonial videos and ask them real questions about their experience working with you and your team or firm.
Last words of advice on video marketing:
- Get in, inform, get out.
- Build your videos around information that is relevant and valuable to your target audience.
- Make sure your video marketing is authentic, consistent, and transparent to your brand and expertise.
- Always end your videos with a call to action.
Tim and Julie Harris have been leaders in the real estate industry for more than 20 years, first as top producing agents, and now as sought-after business coaches. Their latest book, Harris Rules: Your No-BS Practical Step By Step Guide to Finally Become Rich and Free, is an international bestseller. Learn more at timandjulieharris.com.