By Erica Christoffer
Has your YPN made great strides over the past year despite the COVID-19 pandemic? Are you hosting events and education sessions in new and creative ways? Is your member engagement stronger than ever? We want to hear about it!
We’re just two short weeks away from this year’s Network of the Year deadline. We are accepting applications through Aug. 31, 2020, and the winners will be announced during a special online YPN reception (date to be determined) during the virtual REALTORS® Conference & Expo this November.
One big change this year: The application process is fully online to streamline the process. Five total recipients will be chosen by a panel of association staff judges.
Below is a break down of the award categories by association size:
- Small (<2,000 REALTORS®)
- Medium (2,000-5,000 REALTORS®)
- Large (5,000-10,000 REALTORS®)
- Mega (10,000+ REALTORS®)
Judges will be considering the following criteria:
- How frequently your YPN hosting events.
- What type of events you hos.
- How well your events are attended.
- How your YPN funds its events.
- Whether your YPN members continue on into other leadership positions within your association (i.e. committees, board of directors, etc.).
- Whether members attended NAR’s YPN Advance or other national conferences.
- Your YPN’s participation in RPAC.
- YPN members participating in calls for action at the local, state, or national level.
- Has your YPN membership grown or evolved over time?
- How your YPN is attracting new members and engaging with current members.
- The ways in which your YPN is active within your local community.
- How your members are enhancing the REALTOR® brand in the eyes of the consumer.
Looking for more inspiration? Read about past recipients:
- How California Became a YPN Leader
- Content, Engagement Key for Mainstreet YPN
- Dayton REALTORS® YPN Built on Teamwork
- Clarksville YPN Events Shine
Erica Christoffer is a contributing editor for REALTOR® Magazine and manager of the YPN Lounge. Connect with her at firstname.lastname@example.org.