By Drew Burks
So what’s all the Buzz?
It is safe to say that I am a believer in social media and blogging! To my surprise, many are not and I know this because I hear from countless people daily…
… “I have a website with a blog, a Facebook page, a Twitter account, a LinkedIn account and as of this week I now have Google Buzz but I am not getting any business from them!”
“What am I doing wrong?” they ask.
Before I answer that, let me clear something up for all you non-believers: Social Media is just another tool that you have available AND if you don’t know how to use it effectively you will get very poor results.
Now that we have that out of the way, let me share with you the 5 secrets to attracting motivated clients through social media! They are simpler than you might think.
- Start with the end in mind! What is your most desired objective?
- Clearly define your plan! What tools are you going to use? Why are you going to use them? How are they going to help you achieve your plan? Who is your target audience? How are you going to get their attention?
- Be yourself! Stop trying to be who you think people want you to be and focus on growing your audience with authentic conversations.
- Listen! This may be the most critical step to succeeding in social media and probably the one most overlooked. Speaking from experience… I can almost guarantee you that nobody cares what you have to say, unless of course you are telling them what they want or need to hear. So spend time listening to your audience (clients & prospects) and then go out of your way, above and beyond to exceed their expectations by giving them what they want.
- Follow through! Don’t be this person! If you are going to spend the time and money starting anything, you must follow through. This means returning the clients phone calls and e-mails, responding to comments left on your Facebook page and/or blog, responding to Direct Messages on Twitter, etc…
What secrets can you share with our readers?
Do you want to turn Facebook into a lead generation magnet? Install the FBML application, sign up for an e-mail marketing program like Aweber and embed a contact form into the FBML application, and come up with a strong call to action and sit back and relax. You will be amazed at how easily you will attract leads from Facebook.
Drew Burks has built a brokerage in San Diego, Dream Design Realty, with a unique twist on an old business model. His Web site is devoted to helping real estate pros succeed with technology: www.WebRealEstateTools.com.